- Saturday, 17 June 2017
- Allianz Park, Greenlands Lanes, London NW4 1RL
DATE: 17 Junie 2017
VENUE: Allianz ParkGreenlands Lane, NW4 1RL London, United Kingdom
TICKETS: Entry Costs: Adult £10, 1st & 2nd Child (3-16) £5, Other kids Free, Under 2 Free
Makietie 2017! SA Congregation is again hosting a family festival where you, your family and friends can come and join in true South African festive day.
The Makietie is a yearly event to bring all South Africans living together in the UK together. It is not a closed event just for SA Congregation but open to all, it is a South African themed event.
SA Congregation sells LEKKER traditional SA food (pannekoek, vetkoek, boereworsrolle, kerrie & rys), treats at the Soethoekie (melktert, peppermintcrisp tert, beskuit, fudge) and there are plenty activities for young (jumping castles, softplay, face painting, boeresport, paintball, candy floss, ice-cream) and old (touchies, skyfskiet, boogskiet).
• Camp 16 - 18 June 2017
• If you are the camping type, then you are more than welcome to camp from the Friday afternoon until the Sunday afternoon (16 - 18 June 2017).
Get your camping tickets here: www.sagemeente.com/makietie/kaartjies
Makietie Weekend Camping and Saturday entry ticket: Adult £30, 1st & 2nd Child (3-16) £15, Other kids Free, Under 2 Free
• Friday and Saturday night there is a BBQ fire to just social together (and braai your meat), whether you are camping or not.
Remember to order your Braaipakkie here: www.sagemeente.com/makietie/kaartjies
• Makietie Main Event 17 June 2017 – Hours of fun for the kids on the Jumping Castles, with face painting, ice-cream, candy floss and boeresport. Vir the grown-ups we have Touch Rugby, Disc and Archery and of course the rugby on the big screens in the late afternoon: Springboks against France! Sokkie if you feel like it and braai facilities for socialising.
Bring your coolbox (reasonable for own consumption on the day), camping chairs and enjoy the company of fellow Saffas with all the activities going on.
• Stalls still available – get in contact to book your place - £20 a stall (1 x table and 2 x chairs provided) and complete the form online at www.sagemeente.com/makietie/stalletjies
• Church Service 18 June 2017 – come and worship and praise the Lord together at a joint service (from all wards) at 10:00am (free entrance)
What's There on the Makietie Main Event – 17th June 2017?
• From vetkoek, pannekoek, boereworsrolle, curry & rice and even a spit roast and melktert, koeksisters, peppermintcrisp tert, rusk and many other delicacies! Think biltong and dry wors complimented with Creamsoda and Flings... everything that can make your visit even more enjoyable!
If you would like to bake something for the day, then please inform us -www.sagemeente.com/makietie/volunteer
• Stalls to choose from...
• Bulletjie rugby at 10am
• Touchies at 12pm - Be a sport and subscribe (you can register as a team or individual) www.sagemeente.com/makietie/touchies
• Boeresport at 2pm - Be a sport and subscribe (you can register as a team or individual) www.sagemeente.com/makietie/boeresport
• Braai fires burning for a cozy barbecue (braai) and gathering Friday and Saturday.
• Rugby on the big screens – Springboks against France @ 4pm
• Langarm sokkie starts once the rugby / festival is finished.
Who will be there?
Anybody who wants to come – everybody you would like to 'kuier' with is welcome to join in a day of fun and laughter.
How can you be a part of this?
• Go like our SA Gemeente Makietie Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/SA-Gemeente-Makietie-830039190343144/?fref=ts and visit our website www.sagemeente.com/makietie to stay up to date with the latest information
• Al the SA Congregation stalls cannot exist without your help, so please volunteer www.sagemeente.com/makietie/volunteer
Please also send this message on to those that you would like to have there with you and those who would like to attend.
• Unfortunately NO ANIMALS (that includes your four legged friend) are allowed.
A massive Thank You to all our Sponsors, big and small!